Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge test/rjb-migration

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge test/rjb-migration
On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 01:16:05AM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (26 Dec 2013 18:17:21 GMT) :
> > I don't want to merge this branch with so many failing tests, as one
> > expected failure (e.g. due to a missing image update) may very well
> > hide other issues that might be caused by the migration to RJB.
>
> > So, I've started fixing every test case I could. Doing this in the
> > test/rjb-migration branch too, even if it doesn't 100% belong here,
> > because IMO this goes with merging this branch.
>
> > In the state where I've brought test/rjb-migration today, all tests
> > now pass but:
>
> >   * the USB -related tests. Reported as #6537. I'm going to try and
> >     fix those now.

> I believe I've done what #6537 was about, but this feature still fails
> for me a bit later (#6539). I'll try re-running it entirely, but well,
> seeing the installer stuck at various stages of the process is no
> news, and that's why we have never removed these steps from the manual
> test suite yet. So IMO this is not a blocker.
>
> >   * the "Windows should appear like those in Microsoft Windows XP"
> >     scenario: in 0.22, the browser's title bar displays the Iceweasel
> >     icon, instead of the IE one, so it looks like the Windows
> >     camouflage script misses an update for FF24. Reported as #6536,
> >     will try to fix in time for 0.22.1 as it's a regression.

> I'm testing a fix for this. Once I'm done with validating this part of
> the test suite, I'll ask bertagaz to review all the commits I've added
> on top of what he submitted, and to merge the branch.
>
> Stay tuned, we're getting close :)
>
> /me is very happy to be able to run this test suite in good
> conditions, finally!

I am too, and find it is running quicker than when using Jruby.

I intended to start to fix the outdated scenarios in another branch, as
when I asked for the merge, the rjb test suite was running as good (or
bad, depends how we see) as the previous Jruby implementation, failing at
the same places. So I thought there were no regressions, and the branch
was ok for a merge.

But you spend time doing it (and having fun hacking it seems), and it's
great. I'll reserve some time to test it when you'll send your
review'n'merge.

Just one word to sum up my feelings: hurray! :)

bert.