Re: [Tails-dev] Patch Two new easy liveusb-creator tasks

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Patch Two new easy liveusb-creator tasks
Hi,

Andres Gomez Ramirez wrote (19 Dec 2013 22:45:18 GMT) :
>> FTR, the two bugs discovered when testing this patch are #6437 and
>>#6438, that should be easily fixed by anyone who has touched
>> liveusb-creator's codebase before. Andres, maybe?

> I attached a patch for "Tails Installer sometimes installs files without
> confirmation" and "Installer fails to "upgrade" a partial Tails installation"
> (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6437 and
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6438).

I reviewed the patch, confirmed it fixes these bugs, tested it with
"Clone & Upgrade" and "Clone & Install" and released this as
liveusb-creator 3.11.6-25. Uploaded to our stable, devel and
experimental APT suites. Pending for Tails 0.22.1.

While I was at it, I sneaked in (and tested) the following trivial
patches:

* 4d6afa6: Add 'efi' to the list of liveos_toplevel_files. This is
a no-op unless an 'efi' directory exists on the upgraded device.
It will make my life easier when working on the UEFI support.
It will also make the testers' life easier when they upgrade devices
that have had some iteration of the UEFI support installed.

* 5dcf619: Remove now unused existing_liveos predicate. Andres has
removed the only place where this function was used.

I wouldn't mind a code review.