[Tails-dev] Make all .desktop-files translatable in Transife…

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Make all .desktop-files translatable in Transifex
I just filed ticket #6470, https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6470:

> Currently one cannot translate the following desktop files through
> Transifex:
> - whisperback/data/whisperback.desktop
> - persistence-setup/share/applications/tails-persistence-setup.desktop
> - persistence-setup/share/applications/tails-persistence-delete.desktop
> - liveusb-creator/data/liveusb-creator-launcher.desktop
> - tails/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/applications/
>      tails-upgrader.desktop

> The tails-upgrader one can easily be added to the current workflow,
> but the other ones may either need to be moved to the main Tails
> repository, or have the desktop-translation functionality added to
> each of their own repository.
>
> Discuss the best way to make them translatable, and implement it.

Implementing the same tricks we already do in the Tails main repository,
using intltool to translate the desktop files, may not be that easy to do
in the other repositories. I tried doing it with persistence-setup, but
got stuck since I couldn't easily modify the build-script to generate the
desktop files.

It would be much easier to just move all these desktop files over to the
main Tails repository, just like the tails-upgrader.desktop file already
is, and just add them to the current translation workflow for desktop
files.

If this is an acceptable solution, I can implement it now. What do you think?