Re: [mat-dev] no pdf capability

Author: jvoisin
To: mat-dev
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] no pdf capability

On 11/25/2013 12:05 PM, john francis lee wrote:
> Hi,

Hello

> I downloaded mat-0.4 and got the dependencies I could ... I couldn't
> find python-gi-cairo ... and installed it. It runs, and if I make an
> .odt file and clean it then the pdf I export from the odt seems clean.
> The only difference I see is that author: jfl disappears in the
> properties window.
>
> I'm running ubuntu 11.10.

I just tested MAT 0.4.2 on Xubuntu 13.10, and it's working fine.
Your version of Ubuntu may not package "python-gi-cairo", so a recent
version of MAT won't work.

> I only make .pdfs using libre office, so I'm good to go with those I
> make ... but if I have a .pdf that someone else made, I'd like to be
> able to clean that as well.
>
> Any ideas what I might try ?

Use a more up to date version of Ubuntu, or a less recent MAT (I would
advice the first solution)

> I'm definitely not a python mechanic, I guessed that python setup.py
> install might work and it seems to have. So please try to elaborate a
> little more fully if you have any advice for me, a little more fully
> than you would among yourselves. Thanks.

I would recommend using the packaged version of MAT for your
distribution instead of using setup.py