Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.5

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.5
Hi,

Kevin C. Krinke wrote (13 Nov 2013 15:14:30 GMT) :
> I typically build with `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot...` and gbp. I
> don't have a Squeeze chroot, nor do I have pbuilder or sbuild setup.

> However, I test regularly in Tails itself and have not had any issues.

> Is that good enough?

It's awesome, and way better than "good enough", if you are acting
purely as the upstream author. It's bad practice if you intend to act
as the lone maintainer of this package in Debian.

An intermediary option would be to go for team-maintenance: I'd very
much like co-maintaining this package with you in Debian. Initially,
I could do the parts you're not at ease with yet (e.g. pbuilder), and
obviously I would upload the packages. On the long-run, it would be
even better if you did everything yourself, and I was only needed for
the occasional peer-review. How does it sound?

Once we have made a decision on this topic, it'll be obvious who
should file the ITP bug :)