Re: [Tails-dev] Fix: persistence: clearer warning at delete …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix: persistence: clearer warning at delete step
Andres Gomez Ramirez wrote (10 Nov 2013 20:24:28 GMT) :
>>Andres, would you please have a look at what the GNOME HIG says (if
>>you like formal specs), or more easily, just copy what
>>`zenity --warning' does (it's likely that it just applies the specs)?

> Oh, you are right, I have fixed it according to GNOME HIG :)

Much better! However, I think the icon should be left-aligned with the
title and the rest of the text, instead of protruding in the
left-margin. Do you think you can fix this?

Long term wise, best would even be to fully follow the HIG regarding
alert windows [1], but IMHO this can be kept for a later iteration,
once the addition of the icon is merged. Besides, the way t-p-s is
implemented doesn't make it very easy: among all steps (create,
configure, delete), only deletion should be an alert window, but in
practice they share the same basic window. So well, just adding the
relevant icon in the right place will be good enough for now, and
a very useful improvement :)

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/stable/windows-alert.html.en