Re: [mat-dev] Unclear UI on (unsupported?) files

Author: jvoisin
To: mat-dev
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Unclear UI on (unsupported?) files

On 11/08/2013 12:12 PM, intrigeri wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (14 Oct 2013 09:46:10 GMT) :
>> I tried to add a .rtf into the MAT 0.4 GUI, and it doesn't appear in
>> the list. Granted, RTF isn't supported, but I guess I should be
>> explained why nothing is happening?

The file should appear in the "non-supported" popup when you drag-n-drop
it into the MAT. While I agree that this popup mix non-supported and
not-metadata-capables files, I haven't come yet with a better interface.

Do you we think that this popup should also have a "reason" column,
displaying either "non-supported" or "not metadata-capable" ?

Since I don't know many not-metadata-capables formats (bmp, rtf, xml,
txt), I think a whitelist should be ok.