Re: [Tails-dev] Activate highlight misspelled words by defau…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Activate highlight misspelled words by default in Pidgin
Matsa wrote (07 Nov 2013 16:25:55 GMT) :
>>   * Activate highlight misspelled words by default in Pidgin
>>     https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6373

> was this issue fixed during the meeting yesterday?

> If this is still relevant, please find a tiny patch below or in
> matsa/testing/0cf3f30

> This was successfully tested with french and english languages.
> (BTW the ticket seems to be erased on Redmine)

Strange. Surely someone made a mistake and deleted the ticket :(

IIRC what we've decided was "low priority / research, if someone comes
up with good research and patches, why not, but we won't do it
ourselves". Will be in the meeting minutes once front desk has
published them.

First things to check: what kind of dictionaries are used, are they
installed in Tails, what happens if using a locale whose dict is not
installed, is dictionnary automatically set depending on the locale.