Re: [Tails-dev] Fix to #5917 tails-greeter password field :W…

Author: Andres Gomez Ramirez
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix to #5917 tails-greeter password field :Warnwhen caps-lock in ON
Sorry for the delay,

I tried with a minimal test case, and caps locks key was detected in all cases. Maybe it has to be with the way greeter uses gtk+ library.
On the other hand, according to this:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/2.24/GtkEntry.html#GtkEntry--caps-lock-warning

caps lock warning should be activated by default in Gtk entries, which is not happening in greeter for some reason.
Is there another component in tails using the same library, where caps lock warning is already working?

Cheers.