Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex POT update from Git?

Author: intrigeri
To: Runa A. Sandvik
CC: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex POT update from Git?
Hi Runa,

Runa A. Sandvik wrote (31 Oct 2013 23:48:14 GMT) :
>> I see "POT-Creation-Date: 2013-09-09 11:21+0200\n" in de.po in the
>> liveusb-creator_completed branch, while the POT file in our repository
>> has been updated a few times since then. The translations themselves
>> seem to be severely lagging behind accordingly.
>>
>> Can you please check if the POT file importing from Git is still
>> working on this repo?

> I never set up an import for non-English files. You need to use either
> Git or Transifex to translate resources, you can't effectively do
> both.

I believe I've fully understood this a while ago, when we discussed
this issue at length while we were switching to Transifex.

However, that's *not* the problem I'm describing. I'm not talking of
importing new translations of strings, I'm talking of picking up new
and updated English strings. E.g.:

  * Our POT file for "Tails - Misc" has been updated a few times
    since September.
  * If I "Download original pot file" from
    https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/torproject/language/de/,
    I get one that was last updated on 2013-09-09, and lacks new /
    updated strings.
  * Same if I "Download for use" on the same page.
  * I can confirm that for the 'pt' language too.