Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex POT update from Git?

Author: Runa A. Sandvik
To: intrigeri
CC: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex POT update from Git?
On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi Runa,

Hi intrigeri,

> I see "POT-Creation-Date: 2013-09-09 11:21+0200\n" in de.po in the
> liveusb-creator_completed branch, while the POT file in our repository
> has been updated a few times since then. The translations themselves
> seem to be severely lagging behind accordingly.
>
> Can you please check if the POT file importing from Git is still
> working on this repo?

I never set up an import for non-English files. You need to use either
Git or Transifex to translate resources, you can't effectively do
both. It is technically possible to pull from your repo and push the
non-English files to Transifex, but that means the translations on
Transifex are lost every single time (I'm not sure what's worse for
Transifex translators, though, not having their translations in use or
having them overwritten by a cron on a regular basis).

--
Runa A. Sandvik