Re: [Tails-dev] Please review feature/consistent-persistence…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review feature/consistent-persistence-path
sajolida@??? wrote (21 Oct 2013 20:14:08 GMT) :
> I merged devel and testing into it. I think it has to be merged into
> testing but I'd rather not do that myself.

Once we're frozen, we don't merge into testing branches based
on devel.

Oh well, yes we can, but then we have to go through that painful
dance, and hard to understand resulting Git history:

1. merge the branch into testing
2. revert the commit(s) from devel we don't want in testing
3. merge testing into devel
4. revert the revert commit from #2

I'll do that tomorrow. But please, next time, let's avoid preparing
branches for merge into testing (or stable, btw) that are based on
devel. In short: base a topic branch on the branch it shall be merged
into. Thanks in advance! :)