Re: [mat-dev] Nautilus extension: how is it supposed to work…

Author: intrigeri
To: mat-dev
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Nautilus extension: how is it supposed to work?
Alan wrote (17 Oct 2013 15:19:39 GMT) :
>> Is there any support package needed to make this work?
>>
> Yes, `python-nautilus`.

Thanks, adding to the Recommends for the next upload.

> However, the debian package from sid fails for me too. I suggest to
> start nautilus form a terminal to see its output. I get:

> (nautilus:12345): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **: g_module_open libpython
> failed: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory ImportError: could not import gobject (error
> was: '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpyglib-gi-2.0-python2.7.so.0:
> undefined symbol: _Py_ZeroStruct')

Indeed, this is Debian bug #724894, that's fixed in 1.1-4.

Once upgraded to that version, right-clicking on a PDF, I can see
a "Clean metadata" entry. If I click on it, I'm told "Could not clean
metadata" or similar in a popup, my original file has been renamed to
.pdf.bak, and no cleaned file appeared. Then, I rename this file to
.pdf, run `mat --check' on it, and am told it's not clean. Good.

(What follows is OT, but a grave bug.)

Then, I run `mat FILE' on it, and I'm told:

('Unable to clean %s', '/path/to/my/file.pdf')

... and my file has just disappeared. No .bak, nothing. WTF?
I'm filing a RC bug right now to prevent the migration of this version
to Debian testing. No idea if that's a regression, but still, deleting
user's files is a no-no, right? :)