Re: [Tails-dev] tailstime - Proposed SDS

Author: Kevin C. Krinke
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tailstime - Proposed SDS
HOLA

On 2013-10-13 5:37 AM, intrigeri wrote:

> I don't think there's mechanism that would make this applet look any
> differently than any other Gtk app.

This is a problem with the panel theme being somehow different than the
normal Gtk theme. Haven't figured out why it happened, however, I did
manage to set the background to transparent and now things should look
all groovy and schtuff.

>> * Time formatting also displays the seconds
>> * Seconds shouldn't be displayed by default??
>
> IMHO they should not be displayed.

Seconds have been stripped from the clock display, however, I'm using
local.nl_langinfo(locale.D_T_FMT) to get the actual date/time format
string which does include the seconds and timezone. I've applied a
little regex to strip the seconds but I'm leaving the timezone in the
display "for now" (or at least until someone can recommend a better /
more i18n'd way of getting the format string).

>> I'm optimistic this will reach be feature complete with obvious problems
>> sorted out by the end of next week.
>
> Awesome!

The only thing that's not up to par is the translations. I'm not sure
the best way to work with the translation files when building Debian
packages. Any help on this front is greatly appreciated.

Other than that one issue, it seems like version 0.1 is ready for testing.

Not sure the best way to provide the deb, however, I've provided an
unsigned build here:
http://kevin.c.krinke.ca/code/tailsclock/

The actual source is found on github:
https://github.com/kckrinke/tailsclock