Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation
Hi,

Frithjof wrote (16 Oct 2013 13:08:59 GMT) :
> I would like to get the German translation into a good enough state to
> refer people to it with remorse.

\o/

> I have a knowledgeable person who accepted to proof-read my translation. (I
> would argue that that constitutes a team :))

Assuming both of you are native German speakers, this certainly
constitutes a team. Also, there's hope that having an active team will
drag new people into it :)

> We both would prefer to use git instead of Transifex

Luckily, Git is the only supported way to contribute translations for
the Tails website :)

> and if I understand correctly there is no German team right now to
> interact with.

This is correct.

> Would it be OK to just send patches for now, or should I set up
> a git clone somewhere to pull from? Or would another way to do this
> be easier for you?

It's waaaaay easier to handle for us if you are able to send us
"please merge from repo X, branch Y, at commit Z" -like requests.

If you wish, we can easily create one repository for each of you at
git.tails.boum.org. Just email us SSH pubkeys and the nicknames you
want to use. Also, bootstrapping some OpenPGP trust path would be
great, e.g. if you need to change your SSH key later on.