Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/liveusb_ui_i…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/liveusb_ui_improvement
Hi sajolida,

sajolida@??? wrote (08 Oct 2013 18:48:25 GMT) :
> I did a bunch of tests on that branch I built on October 5.

Thank you.

> 1. I tried it with 3 different devices (2 USB, 1 SD) and two of them had
> a model name that was too long to fit well in the current widget,

I had similar issues, so made it quite wider in the feature/sdio
liveusb-creator branch: commits 3c9449d and 4e6137ad.

(/me, hoping to have preemptively fixed this bug already.)

> and the size was not displayed properly.

I fear we can't fix it with this information only. Can you
please elaborate?

> Sometimes the model name might not ring a bell to the user (my SD had a
> name that had nothing to do with what is written on it, in that case it
> is really required to have to size displayed properly I think.

Full ACK.

> 2. When doing an install, the confirmation dialog does not mention that
> any data on this device will be lost. I think there was a warning before
> in the body of the log, isn't it? Something like "All the data on that
> device will be lost."

I think I've fixed that in commit 6274f5 already.

I actually recommend you just skip testing
feature/liveusb_ui_improvement, and instead consider the feature/sdio
branch, that is a superset of the former.