[Tails-dev] Fwd: Prototype script for running macchanger at …

Author: auenratio
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Fwd: Prototype script for running macchanger at boot
 Hi tails-dev,I am forwarding the following email to you at intrigeri's request.-- Tom ----------Original Message----------From: auenratio@???Date: Oct 2, 2013 12:40:01 PMSubject: Prototype script for running macchanger at bootTo: intrigeri@??? Hi intrigeri,I am following the discussion on the tails-support mailing list, and after reading the article on Mac Spoofing by Etienne Perot at https://perot.me/mac-spoofing-what-why-how-and-something-about-coffee entitled Etienne Perot — MAC spoofing: What, why, how, and something about coffee, I wanted to contribute the attached working prototype script to your effort toward running macchanger at boot time.  It successfully generated the output file in the /etc/udev/rules.d directory for my two NIC system (eth0 and eth1).  It is coded to  generate lines in the output file for all configured network interfaces like wlan0 and/or wlan1 if they exist in the original file generated at boot time by the system, i.e. /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.I have not tested it further by making a new ISO file that includes it in /etc/rc.local as my router is partially borked due to messing with the admin password, and will need to be hard reset and reconfigured when I get the time, and also my router is not capable of handling the GB capability in eth1, so I'll need a new ISP service upgrade for that and/or a new router.I have always booted Tails with my router turned off, so that I could run macchanger before enabling networking (turning my router on).  Since then my ISP had remotely  rewritten the admin password before I attempted to change it, and they also apparently upgraded the firmware on the router at the same time.  Even after the router password change, my router seemed to accept spoofed Mac addresses from running macchanger for a while even after I borked my router's password.  Currently, my router only accepts my original Mac address, and cannot be used further for testing this script until I have at least resolved its admin password problem.As written, the new output file of the script named /etc/udev/rules.d/20-macspoof-net.rules should override the current Mac address(es) after all of the numbered scripts have initially run in both /etc/udev/rules.d and /lib/udev/rules.d and since the udev daemon monitors changes to files in the /etc/udev/rules.d directory.-- Tom