Re: [Tails-dev] Point the "Report a bug" desktop launcher to…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Point the "Report a bug" desktop launcher to "Help & Support"?
> However, I'd like to less often have to point to "Known issues",
> that's why I'm interested in having the most obvious path to reporting
> a bug actually go through our "Found a problem?" page.
>
>> In that case, I would rather point to /support/found_a_problem/ and
>> improve that page if required. It is a shorter path and still includes:
>> checking whether the problem is known already, upgrading if needed,
>> reading the bug reporting guidelines, etc.
>
> Fully agreed.

Ok, so let's start working in that direction. I think what needs to be
done is:

- Rewrite the "Need a new feature?" block as it only contains a dead
link to /wishlist at the moment.
- Agree on whether to keep on using the word "bug" or replace it by
"error" in some cases.
- Rewrite the beginning of the "Use WhisperBack" section of
/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting.
- Rephrase a bunch of stuff on /support/found_a_problem.
- Update the launcher.

In no particular order, as it seems a small enough work to fit in a
single topic branch that can be merged at once if we want all that to be
solved in reasonable delays.

Sounds like a set of tasks that can be flagged as "easy" on Redmine by
the way.