Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas

Author: sajolida
To: carmie, The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas
On 07/09/13 14:44, carmie wrote:
> I'm sorry for my silence, I'm not speaking english very well, to write
> you all is impressive for me and I was busy in august.

Hi again, I'm sorry you feel impressed! I find your English perfectly
fine for us to communicate.

> Here [1] is the last version of the cat I drawned, I just simplify the
> line in inkscape.
> I read your comments, I found them very constructive, I also thought I
> should have wrote you a little something with the proposition to explain
> a bit more my choices, I'm sorry I took some times to reply.
>
> Cats are quiet, indeed, and this one have 3 rings on his tail, like wild
> european cat [2]
> This kind of cats are sadly rare nowadays. They can't be domesticated.
> They lives anonymously in the woods.

I like that idea.

> I did not made other details, and maybe it's not easily understable. The
> body of the cat is maybe too dark to notify the rings. I thought dark
> gray would sound more "anonymous", but it did not seems to work, none of
> you seemed to noticed it.

Using gray looks like a good idea. Adding more contrast between the body
and the rings might make them more visible. I didn't notice them as
something of importance at first. I'm not sure I would find light gray
to look less anonymous than dark gray.

> I choosed a stretching pose because it can be contain in a square, or a
> circle, to be readable in a very little icon, like a favicon. That's
> also the reason I avoided gradient, I'm not sure it would be readable in
> icons. The idea of erasing tracks is not clear either in my proposition,
> and, maybe, it could be improve with a background of color, and a white
> line instead of this purple one, or maybe if the purple lines was the
> beginning of the word Tails, hidden by the tail of the cat. Something
> like that..

I didn't think about the importance of the geometry of the drawing to
fit into a square. That makes total sense.

> The exemple cat pose that Sajolida give is imo very interesting,
> reflecting more discret move, but it doesn't fit in a square :/
> Maybe could we find another pose, with a similar idea?

I think we can spend some more time thinking about a different pose and
see what comes out of that.