Re: [Tails-dev] Relative security of Debian unstable / testi…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Relative security of Debian unstable / testing / stable
Hi,

Andreas Kuckartz wrote (16 Sep 2013 08:04:44 GMT) :
> But my empirical observations are that this has not been true for
> several years now: Debian unstable has been promptly supported with
> security fixes.

Well, yes and no. It is correct that Debian unstable is not supported
by the security team. But this does not mean that it's in a bad shape
security-wise: it's just hard to predict and rely upon. Security fixes
in unstable generally do happen fast (and certainly faster than in
testing since the secure-testing effort faded out), *but* it all
depends on the package maintainers.

Hoping it helps :)

If you are interested to go on with this discussion, then perhaps it
could be moved to a more appropriate place such as the debian-user
mailing-list? (Or it should be clarified how this relates to
Tails development.)