Re: [Tails-dev] SELinux & AppArmor

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] SELinux & AppArmor
Hi,

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:40:46 -0400 Stephen Stewart
<stewartandco@???> wrote:
> The NSA's SELinux or Novell's AppArmor, both of which are implemented
> as Linux Security Modules (LSM) are compiled into the Linux kernel.
> It seems LSMs are mutually exclusive. Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux use SELinux, Ubuntu and SuSE use AppArmor.

Current Tails doesn't use any LSM (they are compiled in but disabled),
but we are in the process of using AppArmor
(https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5370).

If you intend to make suggestions for Tails development, please be more
clear about them.

It you only want to highlight that NSA is interested into computer
security in general, including Linux hardening, which is no news,
then I'm afraid it's off-topic in this mailing list.

Cheers