Re: [Tails-dev] Fix in tails-greeter

Author: Andres Gomez Ramirez
To: tails-dev@boum.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix in tails-greeter
Hi,

>I have two remarks about it:
>
>1. The commit message could be clearer than "Feature #5332".
> I suggest instead something like:
> "Display a warning icon on persistence unlocking failure (Closes: #5332)"

ok.

> 2. I did not manage to confirm that this patch was working (boot
> Tails, apply patch, restart gdm3 service, enter wrong persistence
> passphrase).
>
> Once we're done with #5332, I just realized that we have the very same
> problem in the greeter, with the administrator password, in the more
> options dialog. I guess the same solution will be easy to apply there.

mm so I misunderstood the requirement. I guess my fix was to the second bug you mention (related to greeter) and not to persistence :)
I have not been able to test both bugs (as you mention boot Tails, apply patch, restart gdm3 service, enter wrong persistence pass phrase), restarting gdm3 does not work to me, It does not show me again the greeter or persistence initial menu. I know how to test tails changes by creating an image (https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/), but I'm confused about changes in software from different repositories (like greeter and persistence menu).

Cheers