Re: [Tails-dev] Fix in tails-greeter

Author: intrigeri
To: Andres Gomez Ramirez
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix in tails-greeter
Hi,

Andres Gomez Ramirez wrote (03 Sep 2013 22:26:44 GMT) :
> I just want to start contributing to Tails,

Welcome aboard!

> so I selected an easy task:

This looks sensible :)

> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5332
> I have attached a patch for this.

Thanks a lot.

I have two remarks about it:

1. The commit message could be clearer than "Feature #5332".
I suggest instead something like:
"Display a warning icon on persistence unlocking failure (Closes: #5332)"

2. I did not manage to confirm that this patch was working (boot
Tails, apply patch, restart gdm3 service, enter wrong persistence
passphrase).

Once we're done with #5332, I just realized that we have the very same
problem in the greeter, with the administrator password, in the more
options dialog. I guess the same solution will be easy to apply there.