Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/unmount-persis…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/unmount-persistent-volume-on-shutdown (#6228)
03/09/13 20:36, intrigeri wrote:
>> 2. Next, let me cite your git commit message:
>
>>> The upstream live-boot initscript (shipped by live-config) doesn't know about
>>> our persistent mounts (/live/persistence/*), since they are performed from GDM,
>>> and not further moved to the same place as mounts done during initramfs are
>>> (/lib/live/mount/persistence/*).
>
>> So, instead of patching boot-init.sh, why don't we make Tails Greeter
>> mount its persistent volumes in the same directory as live-boot? My
>> understanding is that our mount point is just an artifact of us using an
>> old (development) version of live-boot, which used that directory, at
>> the time Tails Greeter was extended with persistence support, but I may
>> be wrong.
>
> I cannot find where *we* would be specifying /live/persistence as the
> mountpoint -- isn't live-boot doing this all by itself, and
> mount'ing --move to /lib/live/mount/persistence later?

I was confusing the fact that Tails Greeter, not live-persist, unlocks
the LUCKS volume with a similar-looking fantasy where it's Tails
Greeter, not live-persist, that mounts the unlocked volume. In the
latter case the live-boot code that live-persist runs would actually
reuse the mountpoint, and we'd get what I suggest. Sorry for the
confusion, I should have looked it up.

>> so I merged this into stable (and devel).
>
> Great! I've updated the ticket accordingly, so that you know how to do
> it yourself next time:
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6228#note-12
>
> However... I can't see this branch merged into stable and devel.
> I see other branches that were merged today, but not this one.
> Perhaps you forgot to push?

I did push... with the wrong branch merged. This is now reverted and the
correct branch is merged and pushed. Sorry for making it more difficult
to write the 0.20.1 changelog...

Cheers!