Re: [Tails-l10n] i18nspector in wheezy-backports?

Autore: Stuart Prescott
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-l10n
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-l10n] i18nspector in wheezy-backports?
Hi intrigeri,

If i18nspector is going to be useful to even more people in wheezy-backports,
then sure, let's go for it. With a current popcon of 28 installs, it's not
exactly a high profile package so I don't know if backports ftp-master would
consider it a bit too niche for backports, but I can't see any reason not to
upload it and find out.

All of the i18nspector packages that I've uploaded so far actually work as-is
in wheezy and that's what I've been using on my own machines, but it's far
more supportable for them to be in wheezy-backports rather than encouraging
users to aim a loaded gun at their foot and to mix releases. All build-deps
are also satisfied in wheezy and the autopkgtest suite runs fine under wheezy
too, so I don't foresee any problems.

I'd be quite happy for you to take responsibility for the backports package on
the principle that more people looking at the package means more people
looking for problems. (I do read backports-users and any bugs in the wheezy-
backports package probably affect the sid package too.) I maintain the
i18nspector package in git (using git-buildpackage) but haven't yet published
the repository anywhere. Would it be useful to the backporting effort to have
that repo on alioth somewhere? I can't imagine it being particularly useful
storing the output of "dch --bpo" but ...

BTW you may have noticed that i18nspector has a reasonably rapid upstream
development cycle at present -- I try to let each upstream version migrate to
testing prior to uploading the next one which will help your backporting
efforts.

cheers
Stuart

--