Re: [Tails-dev] review of feature/disable_Pidgin_accounts [w…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] review of feature/disable_Pidgin_accounts [was: Patches]
On 16/07/13 20:30, Alan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:53:11 +0200 jvoisin <julien.voisin@???>
> wrote:
>> feature/disable_Pidgin_accounts    Closes
>> https://tails.boum.org/todo/disable_Pidgin_accounts/

> I tested it and I consider it as good and pushed
> feature/disable_Pidgin_accounts which I merged into experimental.
>
> It had a few issues I fixed (commit message & markdown formatting).
>
> As I made some changes, please someone else review and merge into devel.

I also merged the new doc from doc/better-pidgin-and-otr-documentation
and rephrased the section you added. See 915da5e for the reasons behind
the changes.

For example, when writing documentation it is crucial to reuse the same
terminology that the software does. So if Pidgin uses "account" and
"username" we should use those terms instead of "profile" or "nick" for
example. Otherwise the user might wonder whether those two terms are
used to refer to two different concepts, which is not the case.

Glad to see this Pidgin thing moving forward! Let's see if we can have
it all ready for 0.20.