Re: [Tails-dev] [review] bugfix/better_link_to_the_OTR_homep…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review] bugfix/better_link_to_the_OTR_homepage
On 16/07/13 14:24, jvoisin wrote:
> Hello,
> Please review and merge the bugfix/better_link_to_the_OTR_homepage
> branch on https://git.tails.boum.org/jvoisin/tails/

Hi Julien, and thanks for the branch.

The documentation work regarding Pigin and OTR, is quite important. That
page hasn't been updated since the move from Incognito. That was a
*while* ago. For example it needs a lot of cleaning, in the sense of
removing, shortening, rewriting, reformatting most of it I guess. It now
corresponds to several tickets, but more could be added:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5344, and subtickets
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6066

Since you already submitted two branches related the work on this page,
I think it would be worth working on a single branch and try to have
most of this solved before pushing it for translation and release (in
time for the freeze?).

So I did that in branch doc/better-pidgin-and-otr-documentation.

A few comments on the extra commits I did:

4195eed Improve the /me command warning

I used a "caution" section for the /me command issue. See:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/documentation/guidelines/#index4h1

And by the way, in English typewriting, unlike in some roman ones, there
aren't spaces before double punctuation signs. So we write "encrypted!"
and not "encrypted !".

9f90209 Add DocBook-like formatting

That's also describe in the documentation guidelines. This time it was
not so critical but it often helps to make the instructions much more
readable.