Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/intltoolize

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/intltoolize
Hi,

winterfairy@??? wrote (24 Jun 2013 10:46:42 GMT) :
> Something went wrong in this branch. Checking the swedish translations the
> following two errors exists (po/sv.po):

>> #: config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/tails-start-i2p:82
>> #: config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/tails-start-i2p:124
>> #, fuzzy
>> msgid "I2P failed to start"
>> msgstr "Misslyckades med att starta om Tor."
>>
>> #, fuzzy
>> #~ msgid "check Tails known security issues"
>> #~ msgstr "Det finns kända säkerhetsproblem i den här Tails versionen:"

> Neither of these two strings were translated before, and the translations
> they have belong to other strings.

Your attention to detail is very much appreciated!

As far as I can tell:

  - No existing work was lost, was there?
  - These are merely *fuzzy* strings, that is guesses that gettext
    tools made based on strings similarity, to help translators do
    their job. E.g. I guess you could take the "Misslyckades med att
    start om Tor" approximate translation, s/Tor/I2P/, remove the
    fuzzy annotation and be done with it, isn't it? These automatic
    translation suggestions are normally *not* used in practice by
    actual programs. If they are, then that's a bug that should
    be reported.

So, I believe there's no actual problem to solve, right? :)

> Anyway, I'm looking forward to when all this work is done and imported in
> Transifex :)

So am I :)