Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/remember_ins…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/remember_installed_packages
hi,

Alan wrote (12 Jun 2013 19:41:23 GMT) :
>> Yes I will do it for 0.19.
>>
> It was laying on my storage device... it's now mergeable. Likely to be
> too late for 0.19, sorry.

>    args = ["apt-get", "--quiet", "--yes"]

This looks surprising a nomenclature to me. I'm more used to apt-get
being called the program, and --quiet --yes being called its
arguments. I don't think it's a big deal or a blocker, but I do think
it ought to be fixed for better robustness against future regressions.

I'm declaring this branch passes a static review, congrats!

However, during my basic testing, I could not get this feature work at
all on a Tails built from experimental, due to non-existing
/lib/live/mount/persistence/*_unlocked/ (looks like
/live/persistence/*_unlocked/ might work better), so I had a hard time
believing it was tested at all in anything that looks like real
settings, so I felt like I was wasting my time on untested stuff at
the worst possible time, so I dropped the reviewing before I felt more
pissed off than I'd like to feel.

Does anyone want to provide a minimal and tested fix for that
regression in time for 0.19 final, or should we add this feature
brokenness to known issues? Or perhaps this feature is not broken in
the devel branch, but only in experimental? Or perhaps I did my
testing the wrong way, and it's actually not broken?