Re: [Tails-dev] Fw: autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training J…

Autor: sajolida
Para: Runa A. Sandvik, The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Fw: autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
>> To try to improve on the current situation, we customized the download
>> link on the /news page (the homepage of the browser) to be a link to
>> check.torproject.org.
>>
>> https://tails.boum.org/news/
>>
>> We hope that might also solve another issue: the fact that people were
>> confused about having a big "download" link in the browser homepage.
>>
>> Does that seems any better to you?
>
> Yes, it does. How about changing the text of the buttom to "Are you
> running Tor?" or something similar that explains what the button is for?

I did a first version with the label "Are you using Tor?" but then
people made me realize that the question mark was maybe putting too much
in doubt the fact that the Tor configuration was supposed to be running
all right (at least for the Tails homepage).

We don't want to encourage people into thinking that they have to check
every time whether they are using Tor or not. So we ended up changing
for a more neutral formulation without question mark on purpose.

It's probably possible to find something better than "Tor check" but
still without question mark. I'm totally open for suggestions.