Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too burea…

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucratic?
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucratic?

>> A much more reliable way to do so it to
>> be open to contributions, review them and publish them once they are
>> mature.
>
> Yes, agreed. That is a good compromise. In wikipedia they (used to) have
> a feature called sighted versions / flagged revisions. In essence,
> causal visitors will see by default the reviewed (by admins) version and
> contributors can work on a "fork". When the "fork" is ready and admins
> had time, they call it sighted and it goes live. Not sure you ever saw
> it, by in my opinion it had a real good ui for all participants. - That
> may be the best solution.

Wooh, that sounds nice. But I'm pretty sure that's not possible in
ikiwiki without a *lot* of work. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

>> Would that proposal answer your concern? If so, I'm ready to add it to
>> /contribute/how/documentation.
>
> Isn't perfect as the sighted revisions feature, because causal readers
> only see "only admins can edit" and don't know anything about /todo.
> Non-admins also can't easily get the wiki markdown so they can improve
> it. (There is no such feature as get wiki source if not allowed to edit,
> can only get it from git, which very few people will do.)

I tried to implement my proposal with commit a59e8e3.

  - It adds a link to the top of the documentation pointing to
    /contribute/how/documentation. That should have been done a while
    ago I reckon.

- It explains why the documentation is not freely editable.

  - It suggested people to also write in the corresponding ticket or
    send comments by email.

Any thing else that should be mentioned?