Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too burea…

Autor: adrelanos
Para: tails-dev
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucratic?
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucratic?
sajolida@???:

>>> A much more reliable way to do so it to be open to
>>> contributions, review them and publish them once they are
>>> mature.
>>
>> Yes, agreed. That is a good compromise. In wikipedia they (used
>> to) have a feature called sighted versions / flagged revisions.
>> In essence, causal visitors will see by default the reviewed (by
>> admins) version and contributors can work on a "fork". When the
>> "fork" is ready and admins had time, they call it sighted and it
>> goes live. Not sure you ever saw it, by in my opinion it had a
>> real good ui for all participants. - That may be the best
>> solution.
>
> Wooh, that sounds nice. But I'm pretty sure that's not possible in
> ikiwiki without a *lot* of work. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
>
>>> Would that proposal answer your concern? If so, I'm ready to
>>> add it to /contribute/how/documentation.
>>
>> Isn't perfect as the sighted revisions feature, because causal
>> readers only see "only admins can edit" and don't know anything
>> about /todo. Non-admins also can't easily get the wiki markdown
>> so they can improve it. (There is no such feature as get wiki
>> source if not allowed to edit, can only get it from git, which
>> very few people will do.)
>
> I tried to implement my proposal with commit a59e8e3.
>
> - It adds a link to the top of the documentation pointing to
> /contribute/how/documentation. That should have been done a while
> ago I reckon.
>
> - It explains why the documentation is not freely editable.
>
> - It suggested people to also write in the corresponding ticket or
> send comments by email.
>
> Any thing else that should be mentioned?

Update:

I still think this is a fine idea and I am happy that you implemented
it. But... Proposing changes on discussion or todo pages doesn't work out.

I just tried to create "todo/design fingerprint update" with the
following content, I post in quotation.

> Original:
>
> <https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/#index4h1>
>
> # 3.11 Fingerprint
>
> Tails tries to make it as difficult as possible to distinguish
> Tails users from other Tor users.
>
> Iceweasel is configured to match the fingerprint of the Tor
> Browser Bundle and the known differences, if any, are listed in the
> [[known issues|support/known_issues]] page.
>
> However the fact that different extensions are installed in Tails
> and in the TBB surely allows more sophisticated attacks that usual
> fingerprint as returned by tools such as
> <https://panopticlick.eff.org/> and <http://ip-check.info/>. For
> example, the fact that Adblock is removing ads could be analysed.
>
> From the point of view of the local network administrator, Tails
> is almost exclusively generating Tor activity and that is probably
> quite different from other TBB users. We believe this would be hard
> to avoid. Other possible fingerprint issues on the LAN or ISP exist
> but we believe they would be harder to detect. See the discussion
> on fingerprinting in the [[Time
> sync|contribute/design/Time_syncing]] design document and the
> [[fingerprint|doc/about/fingerprint]] documentation.
>
> Proposed change:
>
> soon

[The content itself and proposed changes are discussed in another
thread. I'd like to keep this one about the meta topics "documentation
contribution process too bureaucratic?", "use todo pages for proposing
changes to Tails wiki page" and perhaps "spamfilter issues".]

Proposing content in the wiki just doesn't work out, probable because
the spam filter kicks in and forbids transmission due to many links. I
ended up with a gateway took to long error, which I'll paste below in
quotation.