[Tails-dev] 0.17 merge window: closing soon [Was: Tails 0.17…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.17 release
Asunto: [Tails-dev] 0.17 merge window: closing soon [Was: Tails 0.17 release]
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (11 Jan 2013 00:18:47 GMT) :
[...]
>   2013-02-05               freeze
>   2013-02-07               Tails 0.17~rc1

Unless the FF17 hackfest is harder than expected, this schedule
should hold.

> Here's what I (as a developer) seriously intend to get into 0.17:

> * feature/live-boot-3.x: needs some more testing on my side

It's late, but I'll try to do the testing before the end of the week.

> * feature/regular-gnupg-agent: waiting for testers' reports

Merged.

> * feature/install-password-manager: waiting review & merge

I should answer rransom's review first to clarify, but basically it's
still waiting for review & merge.

> * feature/newer-barry: waiting review & merge
> * bugfix/disable-iceweasel-extensions-auto-update: waiting review & merge
> * fetch adblock-plus from backports: waiting review & merge

Still waiting review & merge, as well as:

* bugfix/i2p_hidden_mode
* bugfix/fix_default_iceweasel_spelling_language
* bugfix/remove_apt_local_cache
* feature/vidalia-0.2.21
* feature/recent-microcode

Each of this branch should not take more than 5-15 minutes to review
and merge, given a current build from experimental, but still, in the
current circumstances, I'm not confident this will happen (... but I'd
be totally delighted to be proven wrong! :)

I'm not sure what I'll do at freeze time for the branches nobody has
had time + skills to review. I would be happy to know what's your
general take on it.

> As a release manager, here's what I'd like to see done in time too:

>   * screen locker: I'd be delighted if someone (anonym?) took the work
>     where it was left at and brought it into good shape :)

This will apparently be for later, no worry.

>   * feature/minitube: Alessandro, how's the patch upstreaming and
>     auditing going? It would be totally awesome to have Minitube
>     in Tails soon!

Waiting for Jake's audit.

>   * feature/set-wireless-devices-state: it's been in experimental for
>     more than a month, but it lacks actual testing, design and
>     end-user documentation, so unless someone else than me finishes
>     this in January, I fear it won't make it into 0.17. Any taker?

Unless either I'm very bored in the next few days, or I put it into
the alpha ISO and corrupt the FF17 hackfest testers to test this one
too, it's unlikely to make it for 0.17.

>   * incremental updates enabled by default: the developer in me has
>     scheduled some time to work on that again in January, but the
>     release manager in me is not totally convinced this effort will
>     result in releasable code before the freeze. Still, I think it's
>     worth working on the end-user documentation now.

Shit happened outside of Tails during the days I had scheduled,
and sajolida discovered a blocker bug I cannot reproduce anyway.
Postponed.

>   * todo/remember_installed_packages: I'd be delighted to see Alan and
>     Lukasz implement this in time for 0.17, but else that's no big
>     deal, I guess it may wait for the next one.

Unless Alan and/or Lukasz have been secretly working on it since then,
I guess this won't make it in time.

Thoughts, opinions, other plans or ideas, critical bugs we cannot
release RC1 with?