[Tails-dev] iceweasel + torbrowser/FF17 hackfest [Was: Tails…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.17 release
Asunto: [Tails-dev] iceweasel + torbrowser/FF17 hackfest [Was: Tails 0.17 release]
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (11 Jan 2013 00:18:47 GMT) :
> 2013-02-01 - 2013-02-04 HackFest --> iceweasel + torbrowser/FF17

[...]
> I guess that the big thing in Tails 0.17 will be the move to the new
> series of Firefox ESR, based on Firefox 17: indeed Firefox 10 ESR will
> be end-of-life'd mid-February.

> According to Mike's December report [1] and some private chat I just
> had with him, the situation is quite good on the Torbrowser front.

> [1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2013-January/000133.html

> This is a pretty big change, so I think we definitely want to include
> it in our RC1. Also, this may imply some other possibly big tasks on
> our side, so I'm hereby inviting you to a "iceweasel +
> torbrowser/FF17" hackfest, to be held in our usual meeting places
> during the few days before the 0.17 freeze. I personally intend to be
> available online at least 4-6 hours a day, and I'll try to make it so
> there's stuff to test and work on for anyone interested. The obvious
> goal being to have a set of Debian packages ready in time for the
> freeze and RC1!

I want the more collaborative part of the hackfest to begin without
waiting for $SOMEONE for 12 hours, so I've been working on iceweasel
17 + torbrowser patches packages today. Untested yet, but it went
well, and hopefully there will be a test ISO online tomorrow around
1pm UTC.

Ticket is at https://tails.boum.org/todo/torbrowser_17/

Help for testing this ISO, and the next ones possibly (or just package
updates that can be pulled using apt-get) will be muuuuch welcome
between the 1st and 4th of February.

It will be possible to participate by following either tails-dev or
IRC. I guess the one or the other will have something the other has
not, occasionally, but I'll try to make it possible to participate
even when following only one + the ticket.