Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - M…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - Mixmaster over Tor / Mixminion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - Mixmaster over Tor
Hi,

adrelanos wrote (30 Dec 2012 19:02:32 GMT) :
> What if there where a bookmark pointing to mail.local (or something like
> that) where you can simply enter an e-mail address, from (optional)
> subject and text, click send and mail is on it's way? No
> sign-up/registration/smtp server required. Could look like this. [1] (Or
> this [2] or this. [3]) Could perhaps also be used as an alternative to
> Tails whisperback smtp server.

> I am currently doing an experiment tunneling Mixmaster over Tor. [4]

Interesting ideas -- thanks a lot for sharing them!
(And, as usual, sorry for the delay in getting back to you ;)

Disclaimer: I must say I have no clue what the current state of the
art is in the remailers field.

Is Mixmaster the best current solution? How serious are the
known attacks?

> It's small.
> ~3 MB for postfix

I like Postfix very much, and its security record is pretty good, but
I'm not sure a full blown MTA in Postfix' class is needed for this
usecase. Wouldn't e.g. msmtp-mta be enough?

> ~0,1 MB for Mixmaster
> guess ~1 MB for web frontend.

Does the web frontend include a webserver in this ~1MB?

> Would you consider it for Tails? (Given an implementation which easily
> exposes the web interface to the user.)

I'm only speaking for myself, but I'd be happy to consider an
implementation of this for Tails.

> Do you have any suggestions, especially on getting ride of the
> MX record?

I'm sorry if this question is naive, but... why exactly does Mixmaster
send MX queries? Can't we get rid of the need at the root?