[amnesia-news] Tails 0.16 is out

Author: Tails - News
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [amnesia-news] Tails 0.16 is out
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.16, is out.

All users must upgrade as soon as possible.

# Changes

Notable user-visible changes include:

* Minor improvements

    * Replace the too-easy-to-misclick shutdown button with a better "Shutdown Helper" applet.
    * Display `~/Persistent` in GNOME Places and Gtk file chooser.
    * Install dictionaries for a few languages.
    * Set Unsafe Browser's window title to "Unsafe Browser".
    * Install ekeyd to support the EntropyKey.
    * Install font for Sinhala script.
    * Update Poedit to 1.5.4.
    * Expose Vidalia's "broken onion" icon less.
    * Hide the persistence setup launchers in kiosk mode.

* Bugfixes

    * Disable IPv6 on all network interfaces. This is a workaround for the IPv6 link-local multicast leak that was recently discovered.
    * Tails may previously have been able to list GPT partitions labelled "TailsData" on hard drives (!) as valid persistence volumes... this is now fixed.
    * Fix SCIM in the autostarted web browser.
    * Talk of DVD, not of CD, in the shutdown messages.
    * Make tordate work in bridge mode with an incorrect clock.

* Iceweasel

    * Update iceweasel to 10.0.12esr-1+tails1.
    * Set the homepage to the news section on the Tails website.
    * Hide the iceweasel add-on bar by default.
    * Don't hide the AdBlock-Plus button in the add-on bar anymore.
    * Don't install xul-ext-monkeysphere anymore.

* Localization

    * tails-greeter: add German translation, update Portuguese (Brasil) and Russian ones.
    * tails-persistence-setup: update French, German and Italian translations.

Plus the usual bunch of bug reports and minor improvements.

See the [online Changelog][1] for technical details.

# I want to try it / to upgrade!

See the [Getting started][2] page.

As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails][3].

# What's coming up?

See the [release schedule for Tails 0.17][4].

Have a look to our [roadmap][5] to see where we are heading to.

Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation][6], there are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!

[1]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.16
[2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/index.en.html
[3]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html
[4]: https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-January/002427.html