Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish review needed

Autor: sajolida
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish review needed
On 13/12/12 11:00, intrigeri wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (13 Dec 2012 08:43:47 GMT) :
>> while importing updated translations from Transifex,
>> one made me doubtful so I left it aside:
>
>> https://gitweb.torproject.org/translation.git/blobdiff/f953e6545fc2dc157f4fd7beee085959be7af1e8..ddfe9f6eed52d5ac6cc5fe912360b81e13ed097c:/es/es.po
>
>> E.g. it makes punctuation, that was consistent with the English
>> version, now inconsistent, and switches from title case to
>> sentence case.
>>
>> Can a Spanish please have a look and direct me what to do?
>
> Same for:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/translation.git/blobdiff/0661b57fd99f69184b2c9a70bb299284c3e6817c..8dc5791bc554e7e27e272bc5e585db4ea715262b:/es/es.po
> and
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/translation.git/blobdiff/225d16c19bc1e3a0fe39b6a048b263bcc82e22e0..a1cde93a0e4b2ff1019a10df024b83b8a1eeb01c:/es/es.po
>
> Perhaps the authorship information Transifex keeps may allow us to get
> in touch with the translator who does this, and explain them what we
> are expecting?
>
> I've imported the updated WhisperBack translation, however, that did
> not expose the same obvious flaws. It could do with a review too,
> I guess.

Title capitalization, as used in English, is not used in Spanish. So the
case modifications looks good to me here since we are talking about GUI
labels.

In the end the only change that looks dubious to me is the extra
trailing space added on ../liveusb/creator.py:912
../liveusb/creator.py:1236.

The other punctuation changes are adding ellipsis (...) at the end of
sentences that were not grammatically complete in English either. So I'm
not sure whether the blame should be put on the translation or the
original text. For example, to me "Unable to write on %(device)s,
skipping." is not a grammatically complete sentence.

According to Wikipedia both "Localización" and "Regionalización" are
acceptable translations of "Localization". I guess that the second one
would look nicer to people from Spain, and the first one in the Americas.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internacionalizaci%C3%B3n_y_localizaci%C3%B3n