[Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/spell-checker

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/spell-checker
Hi,

ticket: todo/spell-checker
branch: feature/spell-checker

I'm hereby requesting a freeze exception to merge
feature/spell-checker into *testing*, for Tails *0.16*.

I do realize this means bending our rules and violating the feature
freeze. I'm asking this as an exceptional favor, and I certainly don't
intend to do such requests on a regular basis. Accepting this request
would make life much easier for a project I'm participating in, and
whose schedule makes it so waiting for 0.17 to have dictionaries in
Tails is not an option (the alternative being that I would build and
distribute custom ISO's, which is not exactly easy for
a geographically distributed project).

This branch has one single commit (3c596efa) on top of current
testing, that installs ten additional hunspell-* and myspell-* Debian
packages, to add spell checking support, in (at least) iceweasel,
OpenOffice.org and Gedit, for the languages we particularly "support"
(that is, the ones listed by default in tails-greeter). It adds a few
MB to the ISO size.

I fail to see what adverse effects merging this branch could have.
I'm not implying it's impossible such adverse effects exist,
but still.

Thoughts?