Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/hide-iceweas…

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/hide-iceweasel-modules-bar
11/12/12 20:49, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for this review! :)
>
> anonym wrote (11 Dec 2012 15:13:55 GMT) :
>> This commit makes it impossible to show the Add-on bar, which I don't
>> think is what we want.
>
> I personally don't care.
>
>> IMHO we only want it hidden/disabled/collapsed by default, but users
>> should be able to show it through View -> Toolbars -> Add-on
>> bar. Right?
>
> Sure, this would be better.
>
> I personally don't care about support for custom iceweasel add-ons in
> Tails, and see no other obvious uses of the add-on bar, so what I've
> proposed seems good enough to me, and I don't intend to spend time to
> implement anything better myself. (I thought this was interesting as
> a low-hanging fruit, but once it becomes more involved, I feel I have
> better things to do.)
>
> Still, I'll be happy to review and merge a better branch that does not
> add a significant maintenance burden :)

See branch: feature/just_hide_iceweasel_add-on_bar

I threw it together in a couple of minutes, so I won't be sad if you
don't want to merge it. If you like it, consider it as a candidate for
Tails 0.16.

I'm not completely sure of whether it adds additional maintenance
burden, but I don't think it will as long as we don't care too much
about what's going on in the add-on bar. If we at some point do care
about it, I think we'll want to undo this branch any way, and show the
add-on bar by default again.

BTW, I have merged your feature/hide-iceweasel-modules-bar branch now.

Cheers!