Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/hide-iceweas…

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/hide-iceweasel-modules-bar
08/12/12 01:51, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> candidate for 0.16, no ticket.
> Depends on feature/remove-xul-ext-monkeysphere to be merged first.
>
> log --reverse:
>
> commit 90c97e8ddb25b00d8a9890e9c9b6406f93079083
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Sat Dec 8 00:01:20 2012 +0100
>
>     Hide the iceweasel addon bar.

>     Now that we don't want to ship the Monkeysphere addon anymore, that was the only
>     one displayed in there, we can as well hide the whole thing.

This commit makes it impossible to show the Add-on bar, which I don't
think is what we want. IMHO we only want it hidden/disabled/collapsed by
default, but users should be able to show it through View -> Toolbars ->
Add-on bar. Right?

I had a quick look, and it seems the "collapsed" attribute of the
following line in $ICEWEASEL_PROFILE/localstore.rdf controls this:

    <RDF:Description
RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#addon-bar"
                     collapsed="true" />

If you put the attached localstore.rdf into
config/chroot_local-includes/etc/iceweasel/profile/ we get the behaviour
I suggest above. (Not pushing myself since I'm not sure we have an
agreement.)

> commit 997ca3312d1f944466e0abd6b29e714af8e5b1c9
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Sat Dec 8 00:02:04 2012 +0100
>
>     Don't hide the AdBlock-Plus button in the add-on bar anymore.

>     Now that we hide the whole addon bar, we can get rid of this old UX improvement.

Due to the above (and without my fix), this icon remains inaccessible.

Cheers!