Re: [Tails-dev] feature/unsafe_browser_name [Was: Iceweasel …

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] feature/unsafe_browser_name [Was: Iceweasel backports experiments]
Hi,

anonym wrote (21 Nov 2012 16:26:25 GMT) :
> Then it's not a blocker, per the above. I'd like to fix this now any
> way. What do you think about commit d7c9f9a?

I think it should work, at least with the "top of my head" edge cases.

However, the situation we're trying to solve arose from the fact we
previously were *not* able to think of enough edge cases.

Therefore, instead of adding more home-made shell trickery, I'd rather
delegate such work to some existing piece of code that knows its
locales stuff better than we do, and is maintained by someone else
than us... but that may be my immoderate taste for bloat and
additional dependencies, and my well-know lack of trust for any wheel
reinvented by anyone who did not read the relevant standards first ;)

So, well, why not do it the DIY way, but then I must say I'd feel much
more comfortable if someone read how some other good-ol', known
working library does it, just to be sure it's that easy to get it
right the second time.

Also, could be time to implement your Tails shell library idea?
(Not a blocker, obviously :)

> I re-merged the branch into experimental if any one wants to test.

I guess you've already tested it against the few edge cases
I've raised?