Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.

Author: Ague Mill
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
intrigeri:
> The issue about the exact delay that was raised (5 minutes starting
> when, 1 minute starting at the same time as GDM, anything else?) is
> still in need of a conclusion.

One minute is enough for the "oh, I forgot to plug in the network
card" case. I'd still be more in favor of 5 to handle to the "oh, I
forget to plugin in the card used to hook up the scanner" case.

Five minutes are not a long window. If someone jumps one you while you
are using Tails, you have a problem anyway. So this is meant to protect
from attacks that can happen while you are on a short break. And I
think your attention is probably going to be focused on Tails for at
least 5 minutes after it has started.

--
Ague