Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
hi,

intrigeri wrote (12 Oct 2012 09:27:35 GMT) :
> Hi,

> intrigeri wrote (28 Sep 2012 15:27:50 GMT) :
>>> * de-activate PCMCIA and ExpressCard on systems that don't have any
>>> PCMCIA or ExpressCard devices after running for 5 minutes. This is
>>> going to byte some users, but probably only the first time.

>> I am strongly inclined towards this one, for PCMCIA, ExpressCard
>> FireWire and even Bluetooth.

> That was two weeks ago, and the only other expressed opinion (Ague's)
> was in favor of the same. Looks like we've got a consensus, right?

> Deadline: Friday, October 19th.

I updated the many tickets involved (f11198b).

The issue about the exact delay that was raised (5 minutes starting
when, 1 minute starting at the same time as GDM, anything else?) is
still in need of a conclusion. That should not be the hardest part of
the implementation, though, so I don't think it's a blocker right now.