Re: [Tails-dev] Pushing "make the news translatable" online

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Pushing "make the news translatable" online
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (15 Nov 2012 18:10:22 GMT) :
> I'm pushing online the changes needed to make the news/* section
> translatable. [...] Big site refresh going on, please be patient..

Done. The French homepage has a weird display bug, that we see from
time to time, seemingly randomly, on the Security articles list too.
I've tried various hacks to fix it, to no avail. I'm under the
impression I have already researched, understood, and properly fixed
this kind of issues, but unfortunately, right now I seem to be unable
to remember :(

Anyhow, this is ugly for sure, but nothing really new since we had it
for security too, and I think the most important is to get translated
news articles, when one lands directly on a new article e.g. from the
(incoming / incremental) update frontend, or from the Tor blog, etc.

> Next: add steps to the release process to ask for translations of
> the new release announce (and of the security announce too, by the
> way).

I'll do it of these days. Tracking through my personal todo list.
No emergency, though, I think.

> And then, someone can implement
> todo/set_iceweasel_homepage_to_Tails_news eventually.

FTR, I'm not commiting myself to do it. Enjoy.