[Tails-dev] Pushing "make the news translatable" online

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Pushing "make the news translatable" online
Hi,

I'm pushing online the changes needed to make the news/* section
translatable. I've tested them locally, looks good.
Big site refresh going on, please be patient..

The various generated news RSS and Atom feeds were generated
per-language already (who knows why, BTW), so on that side, nothing
changes, no need for HTTP redirection, no need to deal with stupid RSS
readers that don't support it. Good. Too bad I had setup everything
locally to test precisely this, r2e included, before I realized it
wasn't needed at all... ah.

The canonical address of already published news (e.g.
https://tails.boum.org/news/version_0.14/) do not change, so I did not
feel it was needed to add rewrite rules to deal with existing URLs
that may have hardcoded the index.html part, that was not linked to by
our website anyway, as far as I can tell.

Next: add steps to the release process to ask for translations of the
new release announce (and of the security announce too, by the way).

And then, someone can implement
todo/set_iceweasel_homepage_to_Tails_news eventually.