[Tails-dev] Trying tails-create-iuk

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Trying tails-create-iuk
Hi!

I have tried to use tails-create-iuk under Tails itself.

First there is two missing dependencies: libdevice-cdio-perl and
squashfs-tools. If we don't want them on Tails, maybe tails-create-iuk
should be shipped in a second binary package.

Relative paths did not work as argument to --old-iso and --new-iso.
It said: `++WARN: could not retrieve file info for
'tails-i386-0.14.iso': No such file or directory`. I had to use
absolute path to make it run.

The --tempdir option seems broken. I originaly believed it could be used
to prepare the squashfs image in another directory than a tmpfs (when
memory is tight) but it looks like I'm mistaken.

When it was unable to find mksquashfs, it stopped and left all tmpfs and
loop mounts around.

I was not able to complete the process though. The further I have been
able to go is complete the squashfs creation (it outputs the summary).
Then I see:

    Use of uninitialized value $_[0] in join or string at (eval 496) line 126.
    Internal error: open(, -|, bsdtar, -x, --no-same-permissions, --to-stdout, --fast-read, --file, /media/crypto/tails-i386-0.14.iso, live/initrd.img): Do not expect to get 10 arguments at (eval 496) line 126.
    cannot remove path when cwd is /tmp/y0XQ7qssJb for /tmp/y0XQ7qssJb:  at /usr/share/perl/5.10/File/Temp.pm line 902

I have not been able to locate a verbose option, so I don't have any
more details.

--
Ague