Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecat…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecated
Ague Mill wrote (14 Nov 2012 12:41:48 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> Ague Mill:
>> > Your last commit (ba704e641ca) means that currently, we will build
>> > with live-config/3.0.12-1 and live-boot/3.0~b7-1.
>>
>> Really? I'm sorry if it's the case. This was not my intent.

> After testing, it's not the case. Sorry for being confused.

np.

> (This probably means that the current number of rules interacting in
> apt/preferences is now too big to fit in my small brain.)

Yeah, that's why we need to release Wheezy ASAP! ;)

I was pondering the idea of auto-generating part of this file so that
xorg can be installed only once, through the "normal" way of
installing packages => "special" virtualbox packages can be installed
"normally" too. My intent was to speed up the build time a bit.

Once we start playing with auto-generated pinning, we could as well do
the same for the looong "Unwanted package" list, and perhaps for the
firmware and Linux kernel ones too.

But I'm not sure the smaller result would be any easier to fit into
our brains...