Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecat…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecated
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (14 Nov 2012 10:34:39 GMT) :
>> I must say that in general, I'm no great fan of last minute big
>> changes, the day before the freeze, without any proper review and
>> merge request process.

> Well, I have done a careful review of the resulting package set and
> it was identical before and after the switch. So this change was not
> affecting our final product.

It might happen that someone, thinking they have checked everything,
makes mistakes and does not think of some surprising side-effects.
That's why we have a review process. I'm not in the mood of endlessly
arguing on this specific case, though.

Anyway, even if we don't agree on that, *at least*, when you think
such a *big* change does not require review, please tell us why you
think so before someone has to either guess what exactly you already
checked, or to play that painful nitpicker role I'm not
particularly enjoying.

> Your last commit (ba704e641ca) means that currently, we will build
> with live-config/3.0.12-1 and live-boot/3.0~b7-1.

Really? I'm sorry if it's the case. This was not my intent.
I thought that would override the fallback to sid:

Package: *
Pin: origin deb.tails.boum.org
Pin-Priority: 1005

Feel free to revert if needed.