Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecat…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages is now deprecated
Ague Mill wrote (14 Nov 2012 00:13:55 GMT) :
> The current `devel` branch now fetches all binary packages from our APT
> repository. From now on, `config/chroot_local-packages` should only be
> used for internal tests and external branch reviews. A `README` file is
> there to remind you that.

Awesome!

I've just reviewed the already merged move-to-APT-repo work,
and pushed what I believe is a needed bugfix commit on top of it.

I must say that in general, I'm no great fan of last minute big
changes, the day before the freeze, without any proper review and
merge request process.

> Please note that `experimental` has not been touched yet. It should
> probably be reset and rebased from that point. I'll take care of it in
> the next days if no one beats me to it.

I think resetting --hard experimental to devel is good post-release
hygiene anyway: e.g. that forces us to reconsider long-standing
unfinished branches.