Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit
hi,

adrelanos wrote (10 Nov 2012 13:52:26 GMT) :
> which is copyrighted by [Tails](https://tails.boum.org/)

I think this is wrong. If we've written this somewhere, please point
me to it.

> The derived work is copyrighted by
> [adrelanos](https://github.com/adrelanos/Whonix)

One generally puts email contact information here.

> and licensed under
> the same license GPLv3 or later. (see license below)

Make sure GPL-3 is included bellow, then.

> <pre>
> Copyright:

>    Copyright (C) Amnesia <amnesia at boum dot org>

Makes me realize this lacks copyright years on our side. Sorry.

>    Portions Copyright (C) adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup dot net>

I suggest making copyright years explicit.

> On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public
> License can be found in the /usr/share/common-licenses' directory.

I'm not sure how useful this sentence is in the context at hand.

> The complete text of the GNU General Public License can also be
> found online on <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

... and should be included with your stuff.